Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Wall


the best portraits are not displayed on walls, they are hung in the heart...the best masterpieces are not works of art but crafted by sacrifices and love...i look up and face this wall when im alone to be reminded by the crowning glory of my parenthood...  (-from Mom's page)

Yes, thats us. Six girls.  Mom's source of pride.  This is her (and Mama's [auntgranny] ultimate dream): to hang all our hooded grad pics in the wall.  I am the eldest so yes, the first portrait is mine.  Its when I earned my second degree -- my Masters.  Next to me is T_, she's earned a BSC. Third is M__ who's earned a BSN.  Then there's D__ who like the fifth, J__ also finished BSC.  The youngest is B__, BSE who graduated with me (in my 3rd degree).


I also get sentimental looking at the six of us -- I wonder how Dad would feel seeing us in those -- can't help but wonder as well if he even imagined us to finish college after he left us many years ago..  I hope he takes pride in us too..


Whoever sees this wall at home admires us -- can't blame them.  But I wish they could see our scars instead -- to realize the long and hard journey it took us to earn these.  I am pretty sure Mom chose to hang our grad pics like these alongside those medals not to earn admiration -- but to be an inspiration.  So other mothers like her, left singlehandedly by their husbands (whether by death or by separation) may also find renewed courage to remain faithful -- not to the vow she made with Dad when they married, but to the oath she, as a parent, took before God when we were Christened.

No comments:

Post a Comment