Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Wanna be Married in this Church


I wanna be married in this church
I wanna walk down its aisle
If I take my eternal vow with my beloved,
It has to be upon this church's altar.


This Cathedral maybe historical,
And yes, many have been wed herein so far.
But my wedding will be most special,
If we say "I do's" upon its altar.

The Lady of Candles will light our path
Nurture our hearts, sustain our love.
The journey to forever to begin,
Shall commence upon the walls herein.

For many years even as a child
It's in this place I released those sighs
And lifted to the Omnipotent
Life's challenges, no matter how trivial they seemed.

And many a couple I saw there march
Each one that did, always melted my heart
I knew that an Amazing Power worked in them
I just could not quite decipher it then.


Now all grown up, still waiting for him
I shall visit this church and continue to imagine
myself walking down the aisle,
a coy smile, 
my family close to tears,
closest of friends spreading the cheers,
our song playing by the organ,
and my only beloved, holding my hand. 


1 comment:

  1. That is a very beautiful church and would make a fantastic place to be married in:)

    ReplyDelete