Thursday, March 3, 2011

Two Couples -- One Wedding -- Another Happy Ending

View from afar---no flowers adorned the altar.

Yet the altar seemed to glow -- as if happy for the upcoming exchange of vows.


No flower girls, no ring bearer either.
But see how the couples seem fidgety altogether?

Braving the awkwardness I stood to take a pic,
it's something I want for eternity to keep.


Oh they posed, a shy smile!
This shot tugged my heart, and brought tears to my eyes..

"You can march your way now down the aisle,
It may not have been adorned but you've much reason to smile.."

Their smiles makes my heart sigh..


Their sole desire was to get married before Thee..
The first step in their journey together to eternity.

I, a stranger, partake of their bliss..

Fully convinced that LOVE indeed is such a marvelous gift.



Upon the Cathedral entrance they stood—two couples,
A wedding to commence without the grandeur found in others.
Oh how they melted my prying heart,
I certainly partook of their delight!
The grooms’ thrill perceptible through their sheer barongs,
The brides’ bliss cascaded along with their flowing gowns.
 Each of the ladies held plastic flowers for bouquet,
Yet they held it with pride and joy in a certain way.
One’s barong seemed awkwardly short, (could it have just been borrowed?)


It didn’t seem to matter, it was just as pretty though unaltered.

I turned to find their scanty guests were as misty eyed like me,
They’re the closest of friends, a few strangers, and family. 
 So the piano was played and the soloist sang,
“Ave Maria” filled the Cathedral walls when the mass began.
The couples walked to the aisle towards the altar,
I was at the corner admiring them, quietly from afar.
Those lovers in their humble economical state,
Chose to wed before God, perhaps driven by their faith?
Witnessing such a moment has made me think,
How many girls are able to achieve their childhood dream?
Of that walking down the aisle, with the man they love in their wedding!
It truly doesn’t matter whether there’s a whole entourage,
A long list of sponsors, lavish gifts and many fancy stuffs.
That wedding this morning has taught me one thing:
We need not become princes and princesses to have our happy endings!



(I love happy endings – even if I’m not in them.)










NOTE:  Pics courtesy of my N95, edited by Picasa. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment