Monday, April 4, 2011

One Special Nail



I met a special nail
I know not where it’s from
It fell in the middle of the road one time
And waited for me to come.

Then I did.

My rear tire found it.
And unto it, it clung and was buried deep.
Making sure I'd pause and notice it,
And my so-so journey, halted.


In life, there'd be special nails waiting for us to trip on.  A few nails would succeed in wounding us superficially.  A few would be tolerable.  And one or too, can hurt us very badly.

Those nails are special because we aren’t the only ones journeying in this life.  And yet, by some sheer chance, that one nail reserved for us, finds us.  Then we are changed – if not forever, at least momentarily.

I have had my share of nails in life.  But I realized none of those nails can compare to the nail that was intentionally made to be used to fasten the limbs of God’s own Son upon the cross – that was especially built also for Him.

I whine about my “crosses” and “nails” when the life I now live is far from being “miserable” compared to the life of that one man – who wasn’t even supposed to live like a man because He is God’s Only Begotten Son.

Lord, thank you for stopping me to remind me I have much to thank you for in my life – nails and crosses included.

No comments:

Post a Comment