Friday, April 1, 2011

My Sister's Hubby

He cleans the toilet with  bare hands,
And leaves everything spick and span.
He wakes up everyday at 3am
And sleep only after everything is done.

These are what my sister's hubby,
Yes, my nephew's amazing Daddy,
does aboard a ship somewhere,
To support the family he left here.

My heart aches at his sacrifice
But insists that he does this for his beloved
He can stay here at home alright
But their future would not seem very bright.

The plight he takes isn't unique
If we take time to listen, to believe
There is more than those pictures we see
Of OFWs smiling to appease their family.

Their real stories might remain untold
Of the many struggles and pains they hold
Yet through these all they try to endure,
By risking themselves at such a foreign venture.

Oh I wish no more kids would be left home
Coz their parents have to work elsewhere soon,
And miss on each other's lives
By struggling each day in order to survive.

I salute my young brother-in-law 
For the sacrifices he makes, for J and Yo
I hope and pray everythings turns alright,
A bright, rewarding future: for him, for Yo, and J, his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment