Friday, April 8, 2011

And They Will Continue to Live Happily Ever After (a true story)

I haven't been always cynical about love.  I grew up to fairy tales and like many girls, I did yearn to one day be found by a Prince who would 'rescue' me and change my world forever.  But after Dad left Mom… I started to assume a different perspective.  Several more heartbreaks later, my heart has somewhat become frozen and my mind, skeptical.  I was most especially distrustful of guys whom I suspected of using their charm to win me – or my sisters.’ Which is why, I was always prompt in shooing prospective suitors intending to woo any of us.


their first picture as a couple..

So when my sister T, introduced the dashing, city boy, C, I was of course, apprehensive.  I tried my very best to daunt him but only to the extent that he will not be discouraged if his intention towards T was truly unadulterated.  And true to my sister’s intuition, C, proved to be a real gentleman.  He first talked with Mom to ask for only one thing:  that he be allowed to love my sister.  He says, if she falls for him, he will have fulfilled a dream, if she does not, he will keep trying to win her heart.  Being the big sister that I was, I advised T to take caution but she would hear none of it. Apparently, love was more potent than me.

She fell in love. Oh, rapidly in fact, because it only took him two weeks to earn her “yes”! 

She loved him and was convinced beyond anything that he was the man who was destined to be with her forever.  And T couldn’t be more right.  Every day, we began to see a new facet of their personalities unfold, each complimenting the other perfectly.  While T was adamant, C was acquiescent.  While T was resolute, C was persevering.  They both shared modest dreams – their vision of a happy ending.  And surprisingly, I was privy to everything.  Afterall, I am my sister’s bestfriend.

On April 8, 2006, two years, one month, and eight days after they met, he took her as his wife.

To this day, we all look back to the memories of April 8th, 2006 as among the happiest days of our lives. It’s all because it was on this day, when my sister T, married her prince.  He made a Queen out of her, and an ally out of us..  

April 8, 2006....

Six gals with Mom on T's wedding day.. 







Mr. and Mrs. C&T Jaena on their first day of happy-ever-after. 

Happy endings do come true!
Here's a proof that they do!

(C&T with their children)

No comments:

Post a Comment