Monday, January 17, 2011

Of bags...and more bags...

Since my discovery of ukay-ukay treasures, I've been insatiable.  I know I promised myself in the previous post that I will try my best to control my spending right now so want-items are definitely a no-no...  but is there a woman out there who can honestly,and completely, and blatantly refuse a good bargain? Heheh.  Ok, so lemme be the exemption. ;-)


In order to justify my cravings (and spendings, as well..heheh) here are some of my newest discoveries. Since I began this passion with my discovery of bags (we can never get enough of them, can we?), I took a couple of more trips to UK (there's a fair right now going on where lots of Ukay-ukay stalls are open til Feb. 5th)..

Authentic Fubu in an excellent condition.  Leather strap, zipped closure.. Small enough to carry around but big enough to contain the essentials (phone, wallet, powder, lippies, comb).
 Love the zipper, love the material, love the color... Cost:  P150.
Black slingbag.  I'm no teener, but don't think this will make me look like a TH.  Especially because its in black. Can wear it with a floral summer dress...with a blazer and trousers, skirt and blouse..

its versatile, don't you think?

And i love its vintage-y look.

Flips open but has zipper before the main compartment. Cost: 100pesos

This one is also a steal. Practically looked new because there wasn't any flaw at all.  Shiny dark mahoganish brown.  Goes with anything...and its really very spacious.

I love the stylish strap. Seems sturdy even for everyday wear.  Cost: 250pesos
And this one's labeled, Hush Puppies.  Heheh..

Ooppss..took this one with a flash.  Sorry.

This baby is sooo pretty.  Its genuine leather-  and in pastel yellow! Cost: 150pesos
Black handbag..as big (or as small) as the Fubu .  Looks just enough for the essentials as well.  I love the details of the strap.  Very stylish.

The brand? Express Tricot.  


Impeccable condition.  Couldn't complain.  Cost: 150pesos.
Not sure about the brand of this one..but I fell inloce with it as soon as I laid eyes on it too..

Its as big as the Fubu and the Express but more spacious given two extra compartments on both sides..
Oh, not two extra compartments but three.. It has a tiny pocket in front that converts into a wallet.  The thing has slots for cards and coins... I love it!  Cost:  150pesos.

Six bags for less than a grand!  Its overspending because its way over my quota (hahah!) of new acquisitions for the month.  But I know if I didn't grab these, I'll be spending the next months of my life in regrets.


On a different note, these acquisitions taught me something:  I don't need pricey things to make me happy.  While brand new, and costly purchases boost my esteem, finding thrift items can bring a different dose of bliss.  Oh, the thrill of finding good finds and of haggling!  It's simply incomparable!  And my finds?  Oh, they're breathtaking. Heheh.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the mahogany brown bag. Pretty color :) And you're right, thrift shopping is fun.. You can find some real treasures, without spending a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Susalie Thanks a lot for dropping by my blog. Thrilled to have been followed by you. Feel free to drop by anytime. :-)

    ReplyDelete