Friday, January 7, 2011

Satiated

In my state right now of financial dependence, I am at anybody's mercy.  Yes. I am a beggar.  But a very wise one at that. Heheh. 


Being in this state has made forced me to consider minding only the essentials.  I should only buy that which I need.  By asking myself before each purchase if getting something I want will result to deprivation or satiation, I am able to discern whether or not to spend my precious pesos.  


Oh yes, it is a very tough thing to do.  Spending is any woman's favorite pasttime.  But the moment one realizes that money is truly hard to earn, parting with it also become harder.


I was in need of a black bag.. And I knew money was coming in just a few days before I spotted that very pretty bag.. I held it and was already on my way to the cashier when it hit me:  will I really suffer if I instead wait til I get hold of my money then spend it?  So, with all my will, I returned that lovely bag to the SA and headed home.


True enough, a couple of days after, my money came.  But I didn't buy the lovely bag at the mall. I knew I could get something like that but in a better quality if I instead head to the thrift shops -- and I wasn't frustrated..  I found these gorgeous bags for 200pesos each...






Both are in genuine leather.  The black one is authentic Nine West, the red one is unbranded.  Both are in excellent condition.  The black bag had two compartments. Fully lined with the main compartment having a zipped closure.  The red one is also oh so beautiful.  It has adjustable straps and two side pockets...one converting into a wallet with card and coin compartments, etc...  And its in the kind of red that I like..


Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to find such gorgeous purses at a fraction of the cost of new ones..  So my need was fulfilled an I was truly satiated.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment