Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I got Caught!

The LTO got me. Gave me this.  And I am never the same.


I was cruising the highway aboard my motorcycle round 530pm when, upon the intersection frequented by the LTO officers, I was apprehended.  Usually, when it happens, I am not at all worried.  I have prided myself in procuring my license and registration papers (the usual cause for violation especially among those who ride a motorcycle).  So I thought when the LTO officer asked me to pull-over, it was nothing.


I got ready to present my license and papers but...Wasn't he supposed to ask for those first?  So why didn't he?

Then he said, "Please step on your breaks."  Immediately, I sensed something was wrong. Then he said, "Ma'am your breaklights don't work.  I have to charge you for this offense."


For a moment, I didn't know how to react.  Break what?!?  I didn't even know what those were!  He went on to explain those are supposed to light up everytime I step on the breaks.  For a moment my mind went blank and I swear I didn't know breaklights even exist!  


But they do!  It was violation number 23 and I was told I'd have to pay about 1300PhP as fine.  My heart wanted to burst.

I signed the receipt and fled.  And yes, as soon as I sat, my tears fell.  I was driving my scooter and my tears fell non-stop.  At the next intersection, there was another checkpoint.  When I was asked to pull-over, I took out the receipt issued by the LTO and burst further into tears...

The police was probably surprised to find my actuation and asked what happened.  He understood.  I was just soo humiliated.  He smiled and let me go.

After a couple of days, I was able to get my ticket and paid the corresponding fee.  Such incident has made me realize that anybody is susceptible to a traffic violation.  It can be a most embarrassing occasion for some but nevertheless, it humbles us further.

Nobody can reign supreme over the law.  Not even an honest, ignorant innocent, well-meaning, and well-prepared motorist like myself. =P

1 comment:

  1. Aww :( I'm sorry you got a ticket, but at least now you know that your break lights don't work and to get them replaced. You could have been in an accident otherwise if a person behind you didn't realize you were breaking and crashed into you from behind!

    ReplyDelete