Saturday, February 26, 2011

Feet-ish!

With the car  being out of commission (for a repainting job after that incident), I am on my feet most of the time..  When I was a university professor, I loved being in heels, pointed toes, and yes, even chunky heels or stilettos. I started teaching university students when I was only 20yrs old, and being just a little over 5feet, most of my students towered above me.  So I experimented with high-heeled shoes (never got used to them before I became a teacher) and instantly earned that instant "oomph" in my confidence and height. But alas! Since I carry my mother's genes, I find myself prone also to rheumatism (self-diagnosed).  Those many years I have spent walking tall in high heeled beauties are talking its toll on me..  Now I realized, I cannot compromise comfort over fashion.  I knew I had to switch my preference to flats.

So on here's my feet-ish as of the moment:

Crocband Flat in Yellow: PhP 2350 in Crocstores  (about 55USD)
I love this in bright yellow.  It goes with anything I wear.  And the comfort it gives is amazing.  I can be in these all day and not wince on scrimped toes!
Crocs Malindi in Cotton Candy: PhP1850 (about 43USD)
The first Crocs I owned: I <3 it alot!
These are the first pair of Crocs I owned which eventually became my almost everyday shoes. Who can resist the comfort they bring?  Would have loved to collect them in all colors but then there's really not much point in collecting a lot of 'em since pink and yellow are enough to be paired with just about anything.  My toes aren't exactly too pretty to be shown off otherwise, I would have taken a Florence or a Rio. =(  Anyways, these two will do for the meantime.

For "dressier" days when I'm not allowed to be in rubber shoes or slippers, these are what I sport...









I bought these at the same time because they were on sale.  How much?  Only PhP500 (less than 12USD) each pair.  Not bad.  But these are more like disposable shoes (the gold is already showing signs of wear after using them for a couple of times).  The good thing is since they come in a pouch, I can go to work in heels and change into these flats when I have to run or in between lunch break so my feet can rest.  Yes, they are foldables.  Since I carry a large tote with me all the time, these two perfectly fit in my bag.

I still like being in heels.  I guess, every woman agrees, its something that cannot be dispensed with -- at one point or another, we will always need to stand taller.  But on ordinary days, its certainly okay to be in flats.  Its a most welcome treat for our tired, aching feet. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment