Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Want Happy Endings


I grew up to fairy tales
My mom loved to tell
But now I came to find out
Fairy tales ain't no real.

I met my Princes..
(Oh, there's three of them!)
None of them fought my fears
All of them brought me pain.

But sometime ago in my unhappy past
I have met two beautiful friends
Treading down the lover's path..

She was his first, he was her last
A damsel in distress,
A knight in an armor he was.


They were rather young when Cupid struck them
But one by one they conquered 
their life's problems.

But the journey they are taking
Is now breaking, are they parting?
Oh, can someone please make them stop?
I cannot bear to see them give each other up..

If love is true and pure and strong,
Theirs can conquer any gloom!
But how do I help them hold-on?
And drown all those heartbreaking songs?

I still want those happy endings!
(Even if I'm not in them.)

*Image Courtesy of scrapetv.com

3 comments:

  1. This is nice..however, some stories doesnt always have a happy ending though.. and being hurt about something is part of life.. You cant be human if you're not hurt even once..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe most of us want a happy ending as well.. :) Goodluck on finding that happy ending of yours. and this is a very nice entry :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem still makes me teary-eyed. Indeed, we conquered life's problems. Our happy ending includes you, our fairy godmother, always remember that.

    ReplyDelete