Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cheap? Nah, Chic!

I am not much into fashion jewelry as years ago, I have sort've resigned into a state of complacency, doing away with items that hamper my carefree and somewhat awkward daily routine.  But as a woman, I do not succeed in repressing my "kikay"-ness all the time.  It is at times like these that I celebrate fanciness, pretty things, and lootfinds -- especially those that come C-H-E-A-P!

So when I saw these lovely things one day as I was looking for some new hair-accessories, my eyes popped, jaws dropped, and heart skipped -- nah ah! Twasn't so much for the fact that these were pretty but because they came in CHEAP!

Pardon me if I cannot help but overemphasize that.  But these lovely earrings are pretty indeed.  That's given.  But the better thing about them is their price...  Check 'em out!


This is the cheapest of the loot sold for only PhP18.  Yes.. Not sure how to call the material but its wood.  It's somewhat like a sandalwood because it has a faint smell of a wood.  I chose it over its darker alternative because the color seems to go with just about any outfit and goes from casual to chic.  It came in dark/mahogany brown and in plain white.

These two have the same design and are made of the same material.  I don't think these are made of real bronze although they look as pretty as the real thing.  The mother of pearl charms were either left alone or were tinted (above).  Both came with tiny specks of black beads.  I got 'em in plain and colored because I like the design so much.  And best of all, I paid only Php40 a pair.  Yes.  Less than a dollar. ;-)

The most "expensive" of the loot is this pair of yellow vintage-looking studs which I got for Php65.  Its the heaviest of the four but I find it the most flattering. The stones are made of plastic and the finish of the entire thing is silver.  The rhinestones are minimal making this pair suitable for day or night.

Do the math and marvel at my loot. Lol. I'm kidding.  I still get ecstatic when I look at 'em.  Truly, treasures like these lurk at the most unexpected places (in my case, at a small stall in a quaint building downtown).  Of course prettier things are at the mall.  But plush boutiques sell them double/triple the price at which I found them.

Here's how I wore 'em..

On a lunch date.

And on a dinner with friends.

So go ahead...call 'em cheap.  I'll still call them --- CHIC.  
Uber Chic!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment