Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Woman Scorned

I wrote about my brother in law who was smitten by our neighbor...  And that became part of the reason why I was gone for quite a while.  What he did has had a huge impact not only on sister but upon us all as well.

Whoever said that "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" really meant it.  The other woman was truly scorned when my brother in law decided to ditch her in order to save his marriage..

She sought revenge by spreading smear campaign not just against my sister but against our family.  And boy, she did know how to hit us at our softest spot. I won't go into details anymore about the stories she fabricated against us -- til now, I still cannot reconcile how a woman like her (who seemed pretty decent having had two college degrees) can go to the extreme and employ the dirtiest tactics known to man.

What astounded me initially was my sister's reaction when she first confronted her.  My sis had pure, untainted sympathy towards her.  How that became possible, I'll never know.  But its one attribute I will forever take pride about my sister.  My sis thought the mistress only fell prey to the circumstances..but she was wrong.  We all were.

The mistress was one cunning woman who was really determined to lure my brod in law to her charm.  And because my brod in law realized her family mattered more than anything that woman had to offer, he broke ties with her.

That's why all hell broke lose.. She got back at us..determined to ruin us before the entire community of cynics and bigots.

The pain she has caused my sister and our entire family persists... But like Mom has aptly stated what is to be our mantra on this crisis: "If she who has offended us can stand strong, determined to ruin us, then we have better reasons to stand united and fight her.  We offended no one. We stepped on no one.  Hence, we should never succumb to anyone -- especially her who has done this great transgression."

Did I make sense? Oh nevermind...I just had to see to it that I will very well remember this episode in our lives...

But yes, Mom is right.  In my own little way, it'll be my mantra too... So long as I don't step on anyone, I should let NO ONE, step on me.

May God be with us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment