Sunday, March 1, 2015

Journey to Wellness


I went to see my doc yesterday primarily for my very irregular period and seemingly rapid weight gain. Nope, i am not pregnant. Lol.

This is the biggest I've ever been at 70.05kgs. My good doc informed me that my ideal weight is only 56kg (or was that 52kg?).  Suspecting that I have far more (heaven forbid) serious issues other than my excess weight, she is subjecting me to a battery of tests.  Something I deliberately tried to avoid in the past few years.

You see, i "feel" normal.  If not for my bulging belly, flabby arms, frequent bouts with dizziness, acidity, migraine, ireegular period, and breathlessness in climbing up even short stairs or nearby distance, I could say I am "fit."

But i am all of those.  Approaching 40s now, i am slowly accepting the fact that my body has changed. So did my state of health.  And there are things I must seriously, seriously consider if i wish to remain fit and agile at 50, 60, or 70.

I start by being more wary of my diet: much lesser salt, more decreased sugar, lotsa veggies and fruits, and much much more physical activity.

I have no idea how to make this journey tenable.  But i am sure as hell I wanna get there!

1 comment:

  1. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete