Sunday, February 22, 2015

Spectacles


Just yesterday, i was very upset with my sidekick for taking a day off without telling me the kitchen sink is clogged. She got a good dose of lecturing when she got back. Afterall, she's seemed to make a habit of keeping things from me. Lost/broken/ruined objects are kept until I make the discovery myself.  But in fairness to her, her lapses are hardly intentional. Often, just a result of deliberate imprudence. 


But this morning, as she was cleaning the car...she found my precious glasses! I consider them precious because these were my most "pricey" purchase in my entire spectacle-wearing adult life! (Nah. These aren't even branded. The frames are ordinary but I did splurge abit on the lenses being Essilor Anti-Fatigue for my astigmatism and nearsightedness just slightly worsening.) 


Anyways, I thought i lost these last month at the mall. I felt I had to castigate myself for my recklessness in losing them so I did not get a replacement right away immediately! 


But my dear alalay found it! And I couldn't be happier.  :) She was also giddy when she handed it to me! (notwithstanding the fact that I have asked her many times in the past to check everywhere in the car to find my missing glasses). But oh well, she's the one who found them!  


Hahah! It's almost funny how circumstances can force us to see wisdom in the most unlikely situation. If i allowed that clogged drain to unleash my nasty irrational side, (and my kasambahay decided to leave me), i would have regretted it more than  i would have regretted losing my glasses. The drain got fixed.  And I founded my glasses.


Ahh. Thank you Lord for keeping me grounded. And for not "punishing" me even when i err often and bad. 


Happy monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment