Saturday, September 10, 2011

Rainbow Connection

'Twas drizzling lightly one afternoon (half past 5 already) when I chanced upon this lovely sight:



Yes. Rainbow! For the first time in a long time, I have not had the privilege of seeing a rainbow.  And this is the first time I was actually able to capture its image.

Ahh..breathtaking!

All of a sudden, I realized how mundane my existence has been the past many years now.  When I was a kid, I have always been thrilled at the sight of the rainbow.  When adult life started taking its toll on me, I began to shift my attention to more "serious" things.  And what did it make of me? One mundane existence -- one bereft of simple joys such as..well, seeing a rainbow!  What went wrong?  Was I too distracted (like those ugly cable wires dangling, and old cityscape tainting the beautiful scenic sky)?  Or was my focus elsewhere?

I am now in my mid-30s and on my last birthday, I did heave a sigh of meek sadness and despair.  I've come a long way in this rat-race existence but no, I'm not exactly FULFILLED.

Perhaps, its about time I slow down a bit...to smell the roses and yes, notice rainbows as breathtaking as this...



Afterall, didn't they say life begins at 40 yet? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment