Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015: The Best is Yet to Come

The best is yet to come.  I am embracing that.  This year I will once again undertake a journey towards the fulfillment of my childhood dream.  I made my countdown, drafted my schedule, and now brace myself for the longest, toughest year of my "pre-attorney" years.  I will take the bar and pass it.  That is a promise to myself.


The new year brings so much optimism and zeal.  I hope this enthusiasm will sustain me throughout the difficult months ahead.  You see, I am going back to square one: pretend I am a freshman law student who will be meeting all the legal concepts/terms/methods/etc for the very first time.  I shall be dusting off my books, appraising my reading materials, and maybe scouting for new ones in the process of my acquaintance.  It's been five long years since I left law school and the measly legalese I have earned in those four long years have seemed to eluded me completely already. 


I look at my former classmates who now joyfully engage in legal practice and console myself with the thought that God's delays are not His denials.  After all the frustration and heartaches I have had, I still hold in my heart this fervent belief that I was meant to be called an "Attorney." 


Mama is one of the first few people who motivated me so much to pursue my dream.  She is now gone but I feel that she still wants me to persevere.  While I might have felt slightly discouraged when she died with me still uncertain when and how I could pass the bar, the many years she spent praying for me to reach my dream should be enough to prompt me to never ever give up.


And of course, I still have my family beside me whom I wish to honor with whatever achievement I can further attain in this lifetime.  I do not wish for fame or glory.  But by becoming the best version of myself, I know that I will bring them honor and pride.


So like the New Years past, I now gather all the courage and inspiration I could muster and brace myself for the come-what-mays.  And I kneel down in complete surrender to the Great Creator to once again take charge and direct my path to wherever He wishes me to go. Afterall, He is the Only One I wish to please.


Happy New Year virtual friends!  See you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment